This Juice Helps Prevent Cancer, Cleanse Your Liver And Lower Blood Pressure
People are always looking for the next super food that they can use to improve things like blood pressure and to prevent the body from coming down with a disease. There are a variety of good fruits and vegetables out there, but some of them are definitely more common than others.
Did you know that there is a superfood that’s been hiding at the grocery store all this time? Whether you eat it as is, or turn it into a juice, this vegetable has the properties to improve your liver, lower blood pressure, and even prevent cancer. Do you want to know what it is?
It’s beets! You rarely see these reddish purple vegetable in homes or at restaurants, but they are definitely something that needs to be incorporated into all of our diets
Keep on reading to find out some of the awesome health benefits that come from eating beets or making beet juice. Chances are you’ll be heading right to the produce section next time you’re shopping for groceries.
1. What: What are beets, you ask? Well, they’re a vegetable and their taproots are edible. They also come in several different varieties and colors. They have been used as food coloring and as a medicinal plant in the past.
2. Food: They can be eaten boiled, roasted, or raw. They can be pickled or turned into soup which is a very popular dish in Indian cuisine.
3. Color: With such a vibrant and pretty color, it’s odd that beets aren’t already more of a staple vegetable.
4. Power Plants: Beets are a dynamic vegetable filled with phytonutrients that work as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents.
5. Nutrients: Beets are filled with nutrients that help with birth defects, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
6. Prevents Constipation: No one likes dealing with a turned stomach or bowel movement problems. Eating beets or drinking beet juice can help with this seeing as they are high in fiber.
Studies have shown that betacyanin, which is a phytochemical compound in beets, can help fight off colon cancer.
7. Anti-Cancer: Other research has proven that beetroots extract can be helpful when treating pancreatic, breast, and prostate cancer. It can also reduce the formation of tumors on organs.
This combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties will work together to lower cancer risks.
8. Detoxes Liver: You may not have known, but our bodies need to go through a detoxification process once and awhile.
There are countless toxins and other waste that exist within your body. This can lead to health problems if they aren’t taken care of. Beets do a great job at getting rid of the invading liver cells as well as supporting the immune system.
9. Reduced Risk of Birth Defect: Beets are loaded with Vitamin B and folate. These properties can help to lower the risk of birth defect. They are also packed with Vitamin C, potassium, and manganese. Your muscles, kidneys, pancreas, nerves, and liver all need a steady supply of these minerals to function properly.
Betaine, which is a nutrient found naturally in beets, can act as a guard, protecting internal organs, cells, proteins, and enzymes from stress or inflammation.
11. Lower Blood Pressure: It’s never healthy to live with a high blood pressure for too long; if left untreated it could lead to other issues. Beets are filled with nitrates which are known to help lower patient’s blood pressure in a few hours.
Research has proven that after drinking one glass of beet juice, blood pressure can go up to 5 points. This happens when nitrates turn into nitric oxide and the blood vessels relax and dilate, improving blood flow.